Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wow, I forgot where my roots lie...

A few day ago, I looked in the mirror and I wasn't happy.  Haha no, I still have a pretty-boy face...  But, I realized that my body is no longer what it was just one year ago.  I've put on about 10 pounds of fat and lost a bit of muscle.  To some people, that's no big deal but it is to me.  It destroys your mental state slowly!  Clearly, I was at fault because I stopped exercising and started eating poorly.  Well in my defense, I was very "busy" and I had to eat to upkeep the muscles.  I fooled myself with that for a while.
Something clicked a few days ago.  I don't know what, but I started working out and watching what I eat again. I don't know what got to me, but I'm glad that I decided to put aside the time to count every gram-every calorie and to train systematically.  After all, I was a natural at that just 1 year earlier.  Working out reminded me of who I once was.  Not only does a healthy life style improve my physique, but it helps me mentally.  Not only do I feel more confident but it also improves my mood overall.
Some people say that it's too much work to track my food intake and to work out.  Others say it's not a "lifestyle" change that you can upkeep.  They're probably right.  Then again, I could be wasting my time with other "activities" or hobbies.  The time I spend upkeeping my health will hopefully help reduce the time I spend in a hospital bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment