Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sometimes I can't stand my family...

For the most part, I love my family.  My parents have given me everything I've wanted within their capacity; and I mean everything!  They even went as far as moving from their mother country, leaving everything behind so that their children can have a better life.  For that, I'm always grateful... But today, my hormones are raging over some of the things they do!

A common occurence in my household, I go looking for things where I expect them to be but they are no longer there.  My mom is to blame for that.  I can't figure out why my mom loves moving my stuff around and not tell me where she placed them.  I ask her where she put them, she either claims that she's never touched or seen them.  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!  The best part about all this is that she moves things around in the name of "cleaning".  I love living in a clean house, but piling garbage high to make the rest of the house look clean isn't exactly my definition of cleaning.  Oh good, I found my scale... I don't know why it was moved out of the bathroom in the first place.  Isn't that where a scale belongs?

Better yet, my hormones boil when my family "half-asses" just about everything.  I'm no role model, but there are some things that I expect to be done right.  Example 1: Any repairs that my dad does feels like they were "half assed".  He was my role model when I was growing up because he can build and fix many things.  He's a civil/environmental engineering; so, he's well educated.  But as I acquired the knowledge and skills from him, I started realizing that he does what so many other people do!  He'll fix something or do something, and it's good by him as long as it works - even if it's not done right.  Example: plug cables anywhere until the sound system outputs sound!  Cables are running all over the place.  Sound is only coming out of 2 of the 5 speakers.  From all that, I've made it a priority to do things according to some basic standard.  I don't expect perfection, but doing something according to some "good" guidelines is my standard.

I'm dying to move out so that I can do things my way.  Then again, that's easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment